Heavy Duty Scotch Yoke Actuator
A complete line of Scotch Yoke heavy-duty actuators are totally encapsulated, weather proof cast housing in Iron. These actuators provide torques from 3,000 to 500,000 lb. Scotch Yoke Actuators can be configured with high pressure hydraulic cylinders. Fail safe operation and spring pack fully encapsulated in factory weld cartridges for safety of operator.
- Designed to be used with bigger size Ball, Butterfly, Plug Valves, Dampers or other devices requiring a quarter-turn movement with high torque
- Modular design thus simplifying the interchanging of spring module and cylinder
- Totally encapsulated and weather proof housing in ductile iron
- Symmetric Scotch Yoke mechanism ensures balanced operation
- Integral guide in housing for piston rod
- Suited for a very wide range of torque
- longer life cycle and smooth operation
- bench-marked to international quality standards
- Rack & pinion construction, male shaft delivering torques from 200 Nm to 20720 Nm
- Maximum morking pressure 10 bar, contact us for higher pressure
- Life more than 1 million cycles.
- Gr.III epoxy coated spring for high corrosion resistance.
- Additional lubrication is not necessary.
- Unique spring retainer construction.
- Pinion supported on ball bearings.
- Temperature range: NBR -20 C to + 80 CPE -20 C to + 125 C
- Can be converted to single acting by just adding spring module kit.
- SIL3 capable
DRS series scotch yoke actuators
- Double acting torque – 63 Nm to 808626 Nm
- Single acting torque – 17 Nm to 671957 Nm
- Heavy duty, high performance design, with female shaft drive.
- X seals and V seals for low wear and tear, each with grease retaining groove.
- Yoke supported on life time lubricated ball bearings.
- Internal tie rod to avoid corrosion and improve safety.
- Non buckling, lifetime lubricated, epoxy coated springs.
- Conversion from fail close to fail open possible by just interchanging spring and pneumatic modules.
- Internally mounted hydraulic override.
- Optional overrides: Mechanical override (SWH) / Hydaulic override (HMOR/MIBH)
- Easy to convert from double acting to single acting.
- Temperature range: NBR -20 C to + 80 C, Viton -20 C to +125 CEPDM -30 C to +110 C, Fluorosilicone -60 C to +110 C
- SIL3 capable
- End stroke: +/- 10 degree